Breaking Stalin

Breaking Stalin

Chapter II

Ok, I may have romanticized that a bit.  That’s not really how it happened.  There may have been a party to welcome in the new teacher, and it would have almost definitely been held in the school, but I can almost be 90 percent sure there was no sleigh.  The teachers lived in a building just behind the school.  I sincerely doubt Ivan would have arrived in a sleigh.  Nor do I have any evidence to support the idea that it happened in the winter time.  There are few references to it indeed.  Our autobiographer himself merely states that they met at work.  Maybe they went for a walk a few times after work, or perhaps on her first day at work Ivan saw her walking awkwardly through the hallway.  Maybe it’s just the hopeless romantic deep inside me, but regardless of what actually happened-I like my story.

No comments:

Post a Comment